at HP Pres
All games will be Jan. 8–mid-March. Registration is still open!!! (At this time, the league cannot accept "free agent" registrations, and the player must be registering for a team)
Monday - 10th grade
Tuesday - 8th grade
Thursday - 9th grade
Friday - 7th grade
Saturday (and some weekdays) - 11th and 12th grade
Weekday games are 6:30–10:30 pm and Saturday games are 9 am–3 pm
For more information on the league, email League Commissioner Peter McKee at email@example.com.
About the Basketball League at HP Pres
The Basketball League at HP Pres (previously PCBL) has been a historic presence in the Park Cities for more than 14 years. The Basketball League at HP Pres is a Christ-centered basketball league that allows students to enjoy competitive play in a safe and fun environment. Every year, more than 300 students from 7–12 grades participate in a season that spans two months. Leagues are based on grade levels with the exception of the 11th and 12th Graders combined into one league. Every game begins with a devotional and follows high school basketball rules with trained and certified referees and table workers. The league has volunteers who manage the time clock, scores and even keep player statistics for each game. The season concludes with playoffs and championships in each league.
2018 League Registration
- Coaches must be over 21 and must register online before a team is “official.”
- Coaches are required to be present at all games and will be asked to attend a pre-season meeting with the league commissioner.
Early Registration for players is Oct. 27–Dec. 22 at $150 per student. Late registration is Dec. 23–Jan. 12 at $175 per student.
- Players must register themselves and will be able to request the team they want to play on by indicating who their coach is.
- Students can also sign up without a team and will be placed on a team by us.
- It’s recommended that teams have no more than 12 players total.
- School team player limits:
- High School: Maximum of two school team players are allowed.
- Middle School: Maximum of 4 school players and no more than two A team players are allowed on a team.
- Late Registration: through Jan. 12, $175 per student.
Q: My registration is not submitting or the website is not accepting payment.
- A: Our online registration does not take American Express, and all issues we’ve experienced from this has come from people using American Express for the payment. If you are still having problems, let us know and we’ll get back to you at our earliest convenience.
Q: I’ve registered as a coach, now what?
- A: You will receive an e-mail from Protect My Ministry prompting you to complete a background check. You must complete this background check in order to coach in the basketball league! Additionally, there will be a league schedule sent out Thursday, Jan. 4 where you can look over the schedule and then submit any requests for game time changes.
Q: Where and when do practices take place?
- A: We do not schedule any practices! This league is games only, however, if you’d like to practice your players are welcome to use our gym during an open gym time.
Q: What if our team has a scheduling conflict?
- A: Before the season begins, you may submit game time changes to Peter McKee, and they will be seriously considered. We will work with you to accommodate the schedules of your students to the best of our ability and within the timeline of the league. During the season, you must submit a reschedule request at least 48 hours before the game otherwise it will be a forfeit. If your team cannot make a game, please let us know!
Q: My son does not have a team but wants to play, what do I do?
- A: Great! Register your son for the league and list him as a free agent. He will be placed on a team for the season and join a roster of an existing team. Please be patient with us on this, we may not be able to solidify the team until the week of games beginning because we typically get a lot of late team registrations. We will reach out to you along with the coach when your team has been decided!