How We Use Your Gifts
"The world asks, ‘What does a man own?’
Christ asks, ‘How does he use it?'"
Give to HPPC
There are four values that guide lay leaders and staff in the creation of each year’s budget:
- Mission: We value using funds strategically in order to advance our mission of Making Disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Stewardship: We value using funds wisely, striving to achieve the maximum impact through the use of minimum resources.
- Transparency: We value communicating often and with candor about how we create our budget and how the money is utilized. If you would like a detailed breakdown of HPPC’s budget, contact Executive Director Mark Story.
- Accountability: We value the accountability offered by audited financial statements conducted by a third-party as well as sound internal controls, lay led committees, and review procedures.
Our budget philosophy is to carefully consider both internal and external factors when developing annual spending for the year.
- Goals: The budget must line up with the goals of the church, which are focused on advancing our mission. Each year, we review and apply Session-directed priorities.
- Economy: We evaluate the economic climate of our members as well as the city and nation.
- Giving: The number of giving households and their giving trends from the past several years are also utilized to build the budget.
- Stability: Leaders evaluate budget decisions and how they can create long-term stability for our church.
- Relationships: Ministry is relational and our church needs staff to help members carry out our mission. HPPC is currently within the industry standard for similar churches with our staffing numbers and budget.